LEVEL 1: INTRODUCTION TO OBSERVATION DRAWING WITH: GRAPHITE, CHARCOAL OR PASTEL
- Introduction to the draughtsman's tools.
- Learning to see; Analysis of the subject, composition, relations between forms, right proportions, initiation to the geometrization of shapes (block-in) and linear drawing.
- Live exercises with clean-cut objects that can be easily broken down into simple geometric shapes. Homework based on Great Masters’ drawings.
- Perspective # 1: Notions of perspective at a vanishing point.
LEVEL 2: FROM THE LINEAR DRAWING, TO MASS DRAWING
- Perception of negative spaces vs positive spaces.
- Appropriate lighting to get volumes that look convincing.
- Control of the mediums, safety, flexibility, pressure control, weaving.
- Perspective # 2: The 2-Vanishing-Point Perspective.
- Artistic Anatomy # 1: The musculoskeletal structures composing the body.
LEVEL 3: FROM SKETCH TO RENDERING
- Incorporate all notions specific to different types of drawings.
- From fast drawing, executed with energy to the most refined rendering.
- Artistic anatomy # 2: the human body in motion.
Spring Semester 2021
Teacher: Rosalie Gamache
- Every Tuesday afternoon, 13 h to 16 h, from march 30 to june 1
- Every Wednesday evening, 18 h to 21 h, from march 31 to june 2
- Every other sunday, 10 h to 17 h, from april 18 to june 6
- Semester : 10 courses of 3 hours or 5 courses of 6 hours – 615 $ +tx
A 10% discount will apply for students who will have notified us of their status