LEVEL 1: INTRODUCTION TO OBSERVATION DRAWING WITH: GRAPHITE, CHARCOAL OR PASTEL
- Introduction to the draughtsman's tools.
- Learning to see; Analysis of the subject, composition, relations between forms, right proportions, initiation to the geometrization of shapes (block-in) and linear drawing.
- Live exercises with clean-cut objects that can be easily broken down into simple geometric shapes. Homework based on Great Masters’ drawings.
- Perspective # 1: Notions of perspective at a vanishing point.
LEVEL 2: FROM THE LINEAR DRAWING, TO MASS DRAWING
- Perception of negative spaces vs positive spaces.
- Appropriate lighting to get volumes that look convincing.
- Control of the mediums, safety, flexibility, pressure control, weaving.
- Perspective # 2: The 2-Vanishing-Point Perspective.
- Artistic Anatomy # 1: The musculoskeletal structures composing the body.
LEVEL 3: FROM SKETCH TO RENDERING
- Incorporate all notions specific to different types of drawings.
- From fast drawing, executed with energy to the most refined rendering.
- Artistic anatomy # 2: the human body in motion.
FALL SESSION 2020
In order to respect the sanitary distancing instructions, the Académie des beaux-arts de Québec will be offering a semi-private fall session. Regular classes for adults and drawing classes for young people will be open to groups of up to 4 students.
In order to be able to offer these courses to a smaller number of students, the regular course price will be temporarily increased. Please note that we are offering a 10% discount on the fall 2020 session to all our students who were registered in a course during the winter 2020 session.
From september 27th to december 5th
Teacher: Rosalie Gamache
- Every Tuesday afternoon 12:00 - 15:00
- Every Tuesday evening 18:00 - 21:00
- Every Wednesday evening 18:00 - 21:00
- Semester : 10 courses of 3 hours – 680 $ +tx
A 10% discount will apply for students who will have notified us of their status