LEVEL 1: INTRODUCTION TO OBSERVATION DRAWING WITH: GRAPHITE, CHARCOAL OR PASTEL
- Introduction to the draughtsman's tools.
- Learning to see; Analysis of the subject, composition, relations between forms, right proportions, initiation to the geometrization of shapes (block-in) and linear drawing.
- Live exercises with clean-cut objects that can be easily broken down into simple geometric shapes. Homework based on Great Masters’ drawings.
- Perspective # 1: Notions of perspective at a vanishing point.
LEVEL 2: FROM THE LINEAR DRAWING, TO MASS DRAWING
- Perception of negative spaces vs positive spaces.
- Appropriate lighting to get volumes that look convincing.
- Control of the mediums, safety, flexibility, pressure control, weaving.
- Perspective # 2: The 2-Vanishing-Point Perspective.
- Artistic Anatomy # 1: The musculoskeletal structures composing the body.
LEVEL 3: FROM SKETCH TO RENDERING
- Incorporate all notions specific to different types of drawings.
- From fast drawing, executed with energy to the most refined rendering.
- Artistic anatomy # 2: the human body in motion.
Spring Semester 2022
Teacher: Rosalie Gamache
- Every other Friday, 10 AM to 5 PM, from May 6 to July 1
- Every other Sathurday, 12 AM to 7 PM, from May 7 to July 2
- Every other Sunday, 10 AM to 5 PM, from May 8 to July 3
- Semester : 5 courses of 6 hours – 615 $ +tx
IMPORTANT: Before enrolling, we require that you first contact us to make an appointment for a free preliminary interview.
A 10% discount for full-time students can be applied if we are notified.